Monday, December 15, 2008

~~ Christmas 2008 ~~





















































Well, there's only nine days till Christmas and I FINALLY got my tree up last night. We waited so long to buy it this year and the roads were so icy yesterday, we decided to "settle" this year for a tree that was probably looked over MANY times. Oh well, every tree deserves a home and we decided to give this one ours! It's by no means the prettiest tree we've had nor the largest, but it's up and decorated! And it will eventually be filled with presents underneath! I couldn't get a good pic in the dark all lit up. It's actually not so bad then!

We actually have a little snow outside and they are calling for more later in the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a white Christmas. We haven't seen one of those since we lived in Utah!

My outside decorations are not what they used to be. David would get on top of the house and run lights on the upper and lower eves. I would meticulously line the inside of all the front windows with colored lights. It was so pretty! But David isn't getting any younger and he just had hip replacement surgery this past summer. So there's no way he's going back up there. Katie, my 20 year old said she would get up there. But our house faces north and this IS the Pacific Northwest. Moss is beginning to grow up there and I'm not letting her up there. So this is it for the outside. But I still go all out on the inside. I just love turning off all the house lights and with all the inside decorations all lit up. We turn on the fireplace and with the village above it all lit up...it's so cozy. I just love my home this time of year! So sit back and take a look at a few of my decorations.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Annie! Your house is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us! Merry Christmas my dear friend.

    HarvestHomePrimitives

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!