Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yes...I AM a little fruity!

My name is Annie and I have a problem!

I am currently cleaning and finishing up a bunch of home projects, preparing for out of town family who will be visiting in July! I have painters coming to paint my ceilings and the big wall going up the stairs. I tried to do the ceilings but downstairs, one room ties into another, which ties into another! Just too much ceiling! ANYWAY...back to my problem. I, like so many of you wonderful blog friends, LOVE to go junkin'! That's not my problem! MY problem is I tend to come home and drop all my bags in my dining room and sometimes it takes me a while to get back to them. Well, I recently was cleaning out my dining room preparing for the painters to come! I must have opened a dozen bags from my TS shopping sprees. I found wooden bowls, rusty graters, old bottles, Spanish moss, glue sticks, pip berry swags, metal pitchers, quilt pieces, fabrics....oh, the list goes on and on! And......I found FRUIT! I've started collecting fruit -- apples, pears, gourds -- for several ideas I have for my fall creations! I didn't realize I had SO much fruit. My son is calling me "the fruit lady"! Oh, but I love every piece I've found. And a few I love so much, they will be displayed among my own fall decorations!

And, of course, I can't pass up a good garage sale. These are some items I found at ONE garage sale last weekend! I passed up a few goodies that I'm really regretting now! Look at the wonderful apron! I just LOVE that -- 50 cents! And that wood bowl!!!!! Only $4! It's a big one and very nicely seasoned! She must have collected old bottles for she had a ton of them. I picked up a few flat bottles with which I plan to "rust" up and make old elixir and potions bottles for Halloween. That old copper ladle was $1.00. The copper alone is worth more that that! I don't know if you can see it, (maybe click to enlarge the pic) but in the back is an old wood lamp base -- 25 cents. It has a round metal base that I plan to rusty, and once I take the top piece off it will make a great make-do base! Oh...and look at that old potato masher in front of the grater -- 50 cents!

Okay...I NEED YOUR HELP on this one. I thought this was so neat and vintage looking. I know it's a grater of some sorts. A little round jar and this piece screws on to the top. Can someone tell me what it is used for?

Well, just wanted to come on with a few goodies and let you know how much I appreciate all the comments you all have been leaving. I really, really LOVE reading all your comments. I don't comment back here, because I know many of you will never come back and check. But I DO try to visit your blog and comment there! I will be very busy the next few weeks and probably won't be posting as often, but trust me...it won't keep me from visiting you all. Thanks so much for coming by today! ~~Annie

12 comments:

  1. hi there.Your little jar is very pretty.
    My guess would be a nutmeg grater or to grind nuts..
    Hope someone helps that knows for sure.Prim blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you have a nut grater. Love all your finds though! Wow, I'd love to have all those bags to go through! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nut grater or nut chopper. Love mine. Had it for years!!! Mines not in that good of condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fruit lady lol! LOVE all your yard sale finds, and the nut chopper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Annie, I had one of those jars..it is for chopping up nuts..:) love all of your finds...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOODNESS ANNIE I LOVE IT ALL, I RECENTLY FOUND A GRADER FOR A DOLLAR AND USED IT TO ADD TO MY VINTAGE PILLOW DISPLAY, I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, BUT MY GRANDCHILDERN SAY IT`S RECYCLING, OH WELL? I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, NANCY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what awesome finds! Love the nut grater! I can't pass up a great garage sale either. Have fun with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much fun that had to be going thur all the bags! Love the bowl and at a great price too:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a nut chopper. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it funny how even though we know we bought it, it's a surprise when we finally get around to pulling it out of the bag??!! Your garage sale finds are great. I can't believe all that came from one sale. Great job!! Have a great weekend.
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie...

    A woman after my own heart! I love junking and of course after I've spent all day, the bags come home, get piled in a heap until I have the energy to deal with them! Of course sometimes it's many moons later.

    I know I saw some fruit selling on ebay awhile back for big bucks...I think it was wooden and vintage. Anyway, make sure to show us what you do with the fruit once you get around to it!

    The nut grater is sweet...I'll have to look for one to add to my collection of antiques for the kitchen.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your blog very much,,,you did a great job. Wish mine looked half that good. I always have a problem with remembering that what I post first will be at the end of my post...I think the people that check out my blog have figured out to start at the end and go up LOL
    If I could figure out how to make it look half as good as yours...I would be very happy.
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!