Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Two Months and Counting!


Life has been different lately.  Not better.  Not worse.  Just different.  Wedding plans are coming along.  Throw in some major yard work, indoor home projects, a three-day yard sale and the usual grind of daily life, and you've got lots of busy days, plenty of aching muscles and tons of stress.

 
So as of yesterday, we have exactly two months until the big day.  My table is covered with wedding invitations.  My living room is filled with wedding accessories.  My daughter is having her wedding at a farm-like venue along the Snohomish River.  A beautiful setting for her rustic wedding.  Tomorrow we're meeting with our caterer up at the venue.  My friend will be joining us and we have a list of things to measure, look at, and to figure out.  We still have so many little projects to do and a couple of BIG projects still.  I wish I could say I'm enjoying all this, but I honestly will be glad when it's all over.  And I'm so thankful I only have ONE daughter!  LOL!  But I am looking forward to the actual day and SO looking forward to family who will be coming out to visit.  Most will be staying a while and I can't wait to spend time with them AFTER the wedding!  It will be a much needed vacation for me to go out and enjoy the sites with them while they're here.


A couple of years ago I swore I would never do another yard sale.  The work that goes into them and the total exhaustion I feel afterward is just not worth it to me anymore.  But a few months ago my daughter approached me about having a yard sale before the wedding.  I knew she had a lot of things to get rid of, as did her fiance; and I ALWAYS have stuff to get rid of.  And I knew they could use the extra cash as they begin their life together.  So I told her if she wanted to do the bulk of the work, I would have one more yard sale and let her have all the money I made from it, as well.  So, when the banner went up advertising our annual neighborhood yard sale for last weekend, I knew that would be the perfect weekend.  The neighborhood's sale was Saturday and Sunday, but we decided to include Friday.  I'm so glad we did, because it turned out to be the most beautiful day of the three, and we had a ton of people to show up.  So, THAT'S behind us and they did very well!  And I have a garage once again!  Now she's wanting ONE LAST sale this summer...after the wedding.  We'll see....!


After years of neglecting my yard, I really have my work cut out for me out there.  I've been digging up overgrown ferns, pulling weeds, transplanting existing plants and trying to get rid of some wild blackberry bushes that have crept up in various places.  That has been the worse and has definitely been no easy task!  I have planters to paint, flowers to plant, beds to redo, furniture to clean....!  I don't know if you follow Pinterest (I'm an addict!), but that is one dangerous site!  I have SO MANY ideas and plans for gardening projects, most of which I've gotten off of there! And then there's the house!  Lots of cleaning, a little painting and my CRAFT ROOM!  I have my work cut out for me!

 
So needless to say, I am not doing any sewing right now.  And you know what?  I LOVE IT!  I don't miss it in the least.  And at this point, I have no plans as to when or even IF I will reopen.  I do have a few Halloween and Christmas orders still to do, but they know I won't get to them until this summer.  And after my out-of-town family leave, I'll have to stay busy.  Besides, I have so much fabric and supplies that I'll need to do something with.  But when I return, it will definitely be in a different capacity.  What, I'm not quite sure yet.  All I know now is I'm loving the freedom to work out in the yard again, and that's been my passion lately.
  

So until I get to sewing again, or whether I come back to sell off my supplies, I only have some of my past primitives to show you.  I hope you have been enjoying your spring!  Happy May to you all!  ~~Annie

5 comments:

  1. Morning, you are a busy gal.....Love all your creations......Spring Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful - with so much on your plate, just don't forget to breath. And I always say, "If by the end of the day they are married, it was a success."
    Smiles,
    JoeyLea
    http://thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Annie,
    First I will have a nap for you!!! What a busy gal you have been. So excited for your daughter and for you to have it over for some down time.
    Yes, I am Pinterest addicted too. So many fun projects so little time!
    Hang in there and enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie,
    Good to hear from you. You are one busy lady!!! I'll take a nap for you too....there you feel better!???? I haven't joined Pinterest, as I'm on here enough without that site!!!!
    Take a breather...everything will get done...it always seems to, no matter how much we have to do.
    Enjoy the wedding and have fun afterwards visiting.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello it,s long time to see your creations they are always so beautiful hugs

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!