Sunday, March 30, 2014

Is it Spring yet??

I know many of you may be wondering this very thing!  Even though it SAYS spring on the calendar, take one step outside and you're likely to see January!  Well, hopefully that is coming to an end for many of you!  I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and while we had a very mild winter this year, this last month has definitely been a soggy one!  This huge amount of rain led to one of our state's worse natural disasters 8 days ago, when the whole side of a mountain gave way, burying almost an entire neighborhood and anyone traveling this section of road between Arlington and Darrington.  This is a road I, my friend and her mother travel each year when we attend an auction to benefit Darrington's Community Center and their funeral dinners started back in the 50s.  My friend's mother is from Darrington and her sister, who still lives there, plays a large role in this auction.  That auction was to take place yesterday, but naturally was cancelled.  When I think...had that auction been scheduled for last Saturday instead of yesterday, the time of the slide would have been very close to when we would have been driving through there.  Darrington is a remote little town of about 1,300 people with one major road running through it.  Many work on this side of the slide and now must travel several hours out of their way just to get to work.  It sounds like it will be many weeks before this road will be cleared and reopened.  My heart is so heavy for those who lost their lives or have been affected by this tragedy!

Well, hopefully spring is knocking on ALL our doors!  Easter is still three weeks away, and I've been busy creating lots of new Easter and spring primitives!  I have been so busy with a few large special orders, as well as trying to keep up with my eBay sales.  I haven't been able to post on here for quite a while, but finally got my special orders mailed out yesterday!  Woohoo!  So glad I can turn my attention to CREATING again!

I just wanted to share a few new items for this year.  The peeps and stars above are currently available in my Etsy shop.  Many of the ones below have sold, but if you are interested in any shown, feel free to contact me, as I can most likely make up another.

These pocket Easter egg wall hangings are new this year.  They have all sold, but I can re-make any of these if you are interested.  Except for the teal one with dragonfly, they are $17.95 plus priority shipping @ one pound.  The teal one is $19.95.

 
 

I hope to get the pattern finished up for this hanging soon.  I also made up smaller sets of these pocket eggs.  These are also sold, but can be ordered.  They are $11.95 for a set of two.
 
 
The pattern for these is available.  These are so much fun to make!

And then there have been peeps! 
 
 
 

New butterflies for this year are my calico pillow puff butterflies.  These are a nice size and can be made in any calico colors you may want.  Here are a couple of sets I have listed.
 
 
And more Easter eggs...sitters, tucks and hangings!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And finally, these newest bunnies have been extremely popular this year!  They are made from re-purposed sweaters in beautiful pastels and stripes.  Small bunnies are $8.95 each.  Large bunnies are limited, and I may not have enough of the sweater left to make in this larger size, but all can be made in the smaller bunny.  I hope to have new large bunnies in different sweaters and quilts available soon.
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

Sorry to be so picture heavy here!  It's been a while since my last post and I had so much I wanted to share!  Some of the items above can be found in my Etsy shop.  Everything, however, can be made to order.  Just email me through my "Contact Me" button up top and I will get back to you as quick as possible.  Hopefully I won't stay away so long next time!  Until then...HAPPY SPRING!  ~~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!