Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Heart Beats True for the Red, White and Blue!


One month until SUMMER!  Wooo...hooo!  But for me, summer really starts after Memorial Day weekend, which is THIS weekend!  Can't believe how fast the year is flying by!  And happy to be able to wear my WHITE capri's, slacks and shorts!  hehe!

I have SO many Americana/patriotic primitives I've made up this year.  I missed this holiday last year, having taken this time off for my daughter's wedding.  So, I was eager to make up lots of goodies this year!  Up top is a wonderful Americana bag gathering.  It's pleated and sewn at the bottom to sit propped on a shelf or cupboard.  It also hangs beautifully using a rusty wire loop on the back.  Bag is made with a beautiful red, white and blue heavy plaid fabric and filled with lots of goodies!

The pillow sitter just above is so prim looking.  These pillows are made using blue and red ticking.  I stuffed them with scrap fabrics which gives them a very vintage feel.  They have been nicely stained for that aged and worn look.  I love the quilt I used for the star that tops this sweet gathering.  All are tied together with a strip of stained cheesecloth, tied into a sweet little bow.  Nicely finished off with a prim tag pinned to the star and a large rusty bell pinned to the top pillow.

I love these fabrics together.  These are nice, large stars...7 inches across.  Large rusty bell sewn to middle of each with a little jute bow tied around each bell.

Yes...for a limited time only, I am offering my Uncle Sam head tucks. These are by far my most popular patriotic tuck. I currently have these listed on eBay, as well as my Uncle Sam hat tucks/sitters.


Stars, stars, stars....and stars ON stars!!!  These sweet little tucks are made with five beautiful fabrics.  Simply decorated with thin jute wrapped around each and tied into a little bow.  One star has a prim tag pinned at the bow which reads "USA".

Let Freedom Ring!  Love this little hanger.  Made from two heavy, denim weight fabrics.  Lots of detail allows this sweet wall hanging to make a nice statement!

Using the same fabrics, I made this nice, large heart wall hanging.  It is stuffed with scrap fabrics and has a nice firm and heavy feel to it.  Very sweetly decorated with a cheesecloth bow and red pip berries.  Nice little prim tag that reads "Home of the Brave".

Another nice bag wall hanging.  Heavy weight fabric that use to be curtain toppers, I have re-purposed the curtains into this sweet little bag.  Filled with scrap fabrics, dark brown moss and lots of goodies stuffed inside.

These tucks are SO sweet!  Simple little hearts, again using the combination I used on a couple of pieces above.  Each heart has a little jute bow sewn to the front.

BEAUTIFUL fabrics!  I love coordinating fabrics...especially in "threes".  And I love these three together.  Another set of large, seven-inch hearts.  Simply decorated with a strip of stained muslin tied around two points into a sweet little bow.  Rusty bell pinned to each.

And last, one of my favorite pieces...pictures don't do this justice!  This beautiful star wall hanging is not overly large, but makes a sweet patriotic statement.  Star is made with a thick linen fabric on front and a stiff blue pillow ticking on back.  These heavy fabrics made it perfect for using scrap fabrics to stuff it with.  Such a nice, firm and heavy feel.  Simply decorated with a stained cheesecloth bow and some red pip berries.   Hangs beautifully!

All these items can either be found on eBay or in my Etsy shop.  This is the last of my primitives for a while.  I am taking the next couple of months off to work on fall, Halloween and Christmas primitives, as well as clean and organize my craft room...ONCE AGAIN!  It's amazing how quick that room gets out of sorts!  And of course, summertime...a time for gardening, hiking, camping, grilling, gatherings and, of course, VACATION!  So, until we meet again, hope you all have a happy Memorial Day weekend, a popping Fourth of July, and a lazy, hazy, WONDERFUL summer!   ~~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!