Saturday, May 12, 2012

What I've been up to!


OMG!  I spent the last two hours trying to fix my blog.  I had to change to this new template because after Blogger MADE us switch to the new format, I could no longer post without my words being on top of my photos.  I went into my HTML and tried to figure out what I may have done many moons ago to cause this problem, but I just couldn't fix it.  So, I ended up having to go to this new format.  I  still need to play around with it to get it to where I'll like it.  I miss the backgrounds and would like to figure out how to get that back...as well as how to center up my header.  Why, when I'm comfortable with how things are...when I have everything all figured out, why do they have to go and change everything to "make it better"??  UGH!

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post!  But I've been a wee bit busy.  The spring cleaning is coming along quite nicely.  NO, I'm not finished with it yet.  YES, I started four weeks ago!  But I did start with the hardest room in the house...the kitchen!  I'm doing a clean sweep of the house, ceiling to floor, wall to wall.  Every drawer, every cabinet and every closet is getting emptied, stuff gone through, cleaned out and what goes back is organized nice and neat in its place.  Windows, curtains, rugs washed.  Each appliance, large and small, cleaned.  Furniture pulled out, knick knacks cleaned.  It's been a huge undertaking, but a badly needed one.  Since I opened Olde Annie Primitives and started selling on line four years ago, I have neglected my house.  You can "surface" clean for only so long.  It really needed this. 

Here's a pic of my kitchen.  It took me two weeks just to get that room finished!  But with 26 doors/cabinets and 12 drawers, that's a lot of emptying and cleaning!  And the hutch and two little white cabinets got the same treatment!  I've finished the downstairs and have worked my way upstairs, starting in one corner of the house and I will eventually end up in the SECOND HARDEST ROOM OF THE HOUSE...my craft room.   I'm also redoing the open room at the top of the stairs and turning it into a bedroom for my daughter.  I'm so excited!  She has a little over two weeks left working her internship in Michigan and then she'll be moving in with us for a while.  Her boyfriend is flying out to help her move back and they will do some sight seeing along the way home.  So I have until the second week of June to finish up.  We will be installing a wall to wall curtain rod that my friend's husband found for us.  This will give her some privacy.  I've taken over what use to be her bedroom...it's now my craft room.  But she'll be fine in her new room.  I suspect she'll be here until she can find a job and get her own place.

And I really needed a break from my shop, too.  I was starting to get a little burned out and not interested in creating new things.  I thought if I just concentrated on my tucks and ornies for a while that this might help me through this time.  That actually drove me crazy, so I'm having to rethink that idea.  I DID get my downstairs sewing room all fixed up and it's working out very nicely.  I call this my Alpha Omega room.  It's where all my projects start...at the tracing table, on to the sewing machine...and where all my projects end...at the bagging and packaging table.

 
I've been able to work in a little sewing, too.  Here are a few new pieces I just listed on my website and/or Etsy.




 I will be listing the pattern to my eagles in the next couple of days

So, that's pretty much where I've been lately.  I'm still not back fully, but I'm at least glad to be back part time.  I've got some cute summer pieces in the works, so make sure to check back.  Hope everyone is having a great spring!  Summer is just around the corner!  ~~Annie

10 comments:

  1. Please come to my house, my house needs some "spring cleaning". I know what you mean, I've been doing surface cleaning too, time for the deep cleaning. Love your tucks and new creations. That's great that your daughter will be back with you. Have a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the kitchen mine took 2 weeks lol,love all the new products!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kitchen is so small that I could emptry all the drawers and cupboards and sort andand clean and finish up before lunch. Loved seeing how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie you have been working hard ( you always do ). Your kitchen is beautiful I bet your enjoying it. Someday I hope to do the same thing but I am just hoping to do my craft room someday right now . I bet you can't wait for your daughter to be back home . She has been to far away. Happy mothers day!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I just love how neat your kitchen looks. Isn't it a good feeling to know that everything is neat and organized? Spring cleaning does take alot of time, especially when you clean from top to bottom.
    But once it is done, then you can relax and do some sewing. I have been doing some outside cleaning and am leaving some of the inside stuff for a rainy day. I love to be outdoors on a nice day, even if it is doing some cleaning.
    Happy Mother's Day
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..your post makes me tired just reading it! I did a bit of cleaning out a few weeks ago so I can imagine a little of how you feel. No fun! Your kitchen looks beautiful! Good luck finishing up and getting ready for your daughter. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks perfect!! All that cleaning can sure keep anyone super busy!! Love your craft room!! I still have 2 kids at home so I have a while longer before I can take over a room!! But I bet your glad your daughters coming home!! Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, Can you come clean my house??
    After the 3 month construction, It's in bad need of a deep cleaning.
    I just finished a two day open house with a friend, and we did well.
    Now, I'm going to clean, clean, clean.
    I love your new stars.
    Happy Mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitchen...lots of room!!! I cleaned like that last year, as it was getting put off every year, or just a lick and polish. And this year, I have no desire to spring clean....I should!!!!!
    So glad to hear your daughter's moving back home!!!! :)
    Love the material of that back red star!!!!
    Happy Mother's Day!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make the cutest bowl fillers I have ever seen your kitchen looks wonderful would love to have a big kitchen like that some day

    ReplyDelete

I just LOVE receiving your comments and look forward to reading each and everyone! I have discovered some of the most wonderful blogs by reading your comments left here! Thanks so much!